Events and Activities for Registered Accompanying Persons
Registered Accompanying Persons are invited to attend the opening and closing plenary sessions on Monday morning and Friday noon, and will be able to take advantage of an extensive array of social, networking, cultural and recreational activities.
Continental breakfast will be available to Registered Accompanying Persons in the Town Square (Exhibit Hall) each morning, which also will provide an opportunity to visit a special shop full of regional handmade gifts and souvenirs of various types and price ranges. Lunches on Tuesday and Thursday are provided in connection with many of the tours and activities; Accompanying Persons are on their own for lunch on other days (unless you select an optional tour that includes lunch).
Social and cultural activities for Registered Accompanying Persons include:
- Welcome reception (Sunday evening)
- Gala dinner (Thursday evening)
- DC Visitor orientation sessions (Sunday afternoon)
- A reserved area at the Marriott Wardman Park for registered accompanying persons to meet, network, and relax
- Organized tours and activities for registered delegates and registered accompanying persons (Tuesday and Thursday afternoons)
- Optional tours and activities available on other days
- Free evenings (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Optional customized tours before and after ICA 2014
And of course, the entire beautiful city of Washington, DC, with its many monuments, museums, sights, and other attractions, is available for your enjoyment.